NT 4.0 Hard drive crash, trying to restore data from tape backup, unrecognizable format, unknown backup software - Storage

This is a discussion on NT 4.0 Hard drive crash, trying to restore data from tape backup, unrecognizable format, unknown backup software - Storage ; Hello, I have a customer that has lost the hard drive to an NT 4.0 box. They have tape backups but I'm not sure what backup software they were using. (Last guy left no cd's behind) I've tried different ones, ...

  1. NT 4.0 Hard drive crash, trying to restore data from tape backup, unrecognizable format, unknown backup software

    Hello,
    I have a customer that has lost the hard drive to an NT 4.0 box. They
    have tape backups but I'm not sure what backup software they were
    using. (Last guy left no cd's behind) I've tried different ones,
    Colorado, BackupAssist, backupexec, veritas(version 10, hoping it would
    be backwards compatible). Still unable to find one to reconize the
    format.
    Anyone know of a software that will read several formats, or any other
    suggestions??
    Tape backup is s seagate STT320000A

    Thanks for any help.

  2. Re: NT 4.0 Hard drive crash, trying to restore data from tape backup, unrecognizable format, unknown backup software

    Sorry to semi-spam you here, but this sort of thing is pretty much up
    our alley. If you send me the tape, I'll be happy to have a look at it
    for no charge. ('cept maybe return shipping). Hopefully, I can do the
    recovery at an acceptable price.

    Chris Muller
    www.mullermedia.com

    hallcommunications@gmail.com wrote:
    > Hello,
    > I have a customer that has lost the hard drive to an NT 4.0 box. They
    > have tape backups but I'm not sure what backup software they were
    > using. (Last guy left no cd's behind) I've tried different ones,
    > Colorado, BackupAssist, backupexec, veritas(version 10, hoping it would
    > be backwards compatible). Still unable to find one to reconize the
    > format.
    > Anyone know of a software that will read several formats, or any other
    > suggestions??
    > Tape backup is s seagate STT320000A
    >
    > Thanks for any help.

  3. Re: NT 4.0 Hard drive crash, trying to restore data from tape backup, unrecognizable format, unknown backup software

    In article <1119886537.792238.294730@g44g2000cwa.googlegroups. com>,
    Chris wrote:
    >Sorry to semi-spam you here, but this sort of thing is pretty much up
    >our alley. If you send me the tape, I'll be happy to have a look at it
    >for no charge. ('cept maybe return shipping). Hopefully, I can do the
    >recovery at an acceptable price.
    >
    >Chris Muller
    >www.mullermedia.com
    >
    >hallcommunications@gmail.com wrote:
    >> Hello,
    >> I have a customer that has lost the hard drive to an NT 4.0 box. They
    >> have tape backups but I'm not sure what backup software they were
    >> using. (Last guy left no cd's behind) I've tried different ones,
    >> Colorado, BackupAssist, backupexec, veritas(version 10, hoping it would
    >> be backwards compatible). Still unable to find one to reconize the
    >> format.
    >> Anyone know of a software that will read several formats, or any other
    >> suggestions??
    >> Tape backup is s seagate STT320000A
    >>
    >> Thanks for any help.

    Give ontrack.com a call. They've been around for ages and are the Big
    Dawg in the data recovery biz.

    (No relation with ontrack other than the fact that they saved my
    client's butt years ago when we found that he had not been putting
    tapes in the tape drive he paid for.)

    --
    a d y k e s @ p a n i x . c o m

    Don't blame me. I voted for Gore.

  4. Post Re: NT 4.0 Hard drive crash, trying to restore data from tape backup, unrecognizable

    Hey dude Just forget all the software and try Magic Backup.It is a service that uses our high-speed Internet connection and our Windows® PC to make backup copies of all our important files to a remote location that we provide. They install a small program on our computer that locates and makes secure copies of our pictures, movies, music, documents and other important data silently and automatically. Magic Backup keeps track of new files and changes to existing files so it always knows what needs to be backed up. It performs what they call "Automatic Continuous Backup" in the background without interfering with the normal use of our computer.Magic Backup is the only backup service which allow us to access all of our backed up files from any computer anywhere with an Internet connection and a Web browser. No need to install any software!

+ Reply to Thread