Re: Question - Individual Not Company - But Tape v CD Stamper - Storage

This is a discussion on Re: Question - Individual Not Company - But Tape v CD Stamper - Storage ; "L.C." wrote in message news:d9f9uf$nri$1@news.ngi.it... -snip > I cannot understand why use $30,000 when you can have a 99,9% reliable > solution making a small number of copies of your data using good media > and a good cd writer, ...

  1. Re: Question - Individual Not Company - But Tape v CD Stamper

    "L.C." wrote in message

    -snip

    > I cannot understand why use $30,000 when you can have a 99,9% reliable
    > solution making a small number of copies of your data using good media
    > and a good cd writer, that cost you $100 .
    > I guess you have a problem in the qa of your copies, you can make
    > chechsums of your data and control them while making copy of your data,
    > that ensure you have a reliable copy of your data and you are noticed
    > when a data corruption happens.

    Exactly what I've been saying. If done properly the figure would go well
    above 99.9%.

  2. Re: Question - Individual Not Company - But Tape v CD Stamper

    In article ,
    Ron Reaugh wrote:

    >"L.C." wrote in message
    >
    >-snip
    >
    >> I cannot understand why use $30,000 when you can have a 99,9% reliable
    >> solution making a small number of copies of your data using good media
    >> and a good cd writer, that cost you $100 .
    >> I guess you have a problem in the qa of your copies, you can make
    >> chechsums of your data and control them while making copy of your data,
    >> that ensure you have a reliable copy of your data and you are noticed
    >> when a data corruption happens.

    >Exactly what I've been saying. If done properly the figure would go well
    >above 99.9%.

    If you do readbacks you can add another 9 to that number.

    --
    a d y k e s @ p a n i x . c o m

    Don't blame me. I voted for Gore.

+ Reply to Thread