nitroxen writes:
> every so often the data needs to backed up. But I was asking about CD
> pressing with glass masters - because I have CD's from the days of Win
> 3.1 that are at least 10 years old and they work fine.

A CD mastering and stamping system is completely unsuitable for making
single copies of something. It's somewhat unsuitable for making a few
hundred identical copies. It begins to make sense at 500 or maybe
1000 identical copies. I don't think that's what you want.

> I have been creating data for myself since 1983 using a Commodore 64
> machine and learned how to transfer that data to other formats going
> through DOS, Win 3.1, 95, 98, ME, 2000, and now XP - but this data really
> needs something easier for me to archive now.

How much data are you talking about?

> So I appreciate the answers - I am thinking about a press or tape - but
> leaning to a press because it will b easier to access by just pulling a
> volume down - but tape might be good also.

Main thing is make multiple redundant copies and put them in
geographically dispersed places.