Serial attached scsi(SAS) - Storage

This is a discussion on Serial attached scsi(SAS) - Storage ; Hello All, I had a quick question: I was considering the Serial attached scsi cards, that are slowly beginning to hit the market now. I had a little doubt, though, if I plugged in the SAS card into my machine, ...

  1. Serial attached scsi(SAS)

    Hello All,
    I had a quick question:
    I was considering the Serial attached scsi cards, that are slowly
    beginning to hit the market now. I had a little doubt, though, if I
    plugged in the SAS card into my machine, would it need any special
    drivers? ( I'm running Linux on my machine). Or would it show up as a
    SCSI sriver, causing the sg to get loaded?
    I'm thinking this should be the case, since the serial and parallel
    only matter at the bus level.

    Please advise,
    thanks a lot in advance,
    Kumar

  2. Re: Serial attached scsi(SAS)

    In article <1118307810.345402.269320@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups. com>,
    kumar.ramanathan@gmail.com says...

    >Hello All,
    >I had a quick question:
    >I was considering the Serial attached scsi cards, that are slowly
    >beginning to hit the market now. I had a little doubt, though, if I
    >plugged in the SAS card into my machine, would it need any special
    >drivers? ( I'm running Linux on my machine). Or would it show up as a
    >SCSI sriver, causing the sg to get loaded?
    >I'm thinking this should be the case, since the serial and parallel
    >only matter at the bus level.

    like any other device, it'l need a driver (for whatever OS it is)
    i reccomend LSI since they seem to be leading the SAS charge
    just sold my 1st SAS subsystem last week

    _____ . .
    O// . . |
    \_\ . . |
    / | . www.EvenEnterprises.com . . . |
    / .| aseltzer@EvenEnterprises.com . . . |
    / . | 310-544-9439 / 310-544-9309 fax . . . o
    Authorized - DIRECT VAR/VAD/Distributor for new SCSI/FC-AL peripherals
    NAS/SAN/RAID from HP, IBM, Seagate, EMC, QLogic, ATL, OverLand Data

+ Reply to Thread