HP Checklist for SANs - Storage

This is a discussion on HP Checklist for SANs - Storage ; Hi, I thought we had everything covered, but we still have issues. I can't find HP's "Checklist" for Windows hosts on a SAN (for backup). Our Windows group thought they had it but noone can find it. We have a ...

  1. HP Checklist for SANs

    Hi,
    I thought we had everything covered, but we still have issues. I
    can't find HP's "Checklist" for Windows hosts on a SAN (for backup).
    Our Windows group thought they had it but noone can find it. We have a
    mix of 2000 and 2003. Anybody gotta link to a doc/web/pdf?

    Thanks,

    Tom

  2. Re: HP Checklist for SANs

    wrote in message
    news:1113393859.688546.77590@o13g2000cwo.googlegro ups.com...
    > Hi,
    > I thought we had everything covered, but we still have issues. I
    > can't find HP's "Checklist" for Windows hosts on a SAN (for backup).
    > Our Windows group thought they had it but noone can find it. We have a
    > mix of 2000 and 2003. Anybody gotta link to a doc/web/pdf?

    Actually there´s not a "checklist" for connecting Windows hosts to the SAN
    (at least none that I know of :-) ):
    Check out the Release Notes and Docs bundled into the Platform Kit from HP,
    downloadable in the drivers/software section of the respective disk array.
    For deeper information the "SAN Design and Reference Guide" (can be found in
    the docu section of the EVA arrays) provides a wealth of information about
    how to build and design SANs.

    HTH

    Etti
    DoD #2503