Replace SCSI disk in a HPUX workstation? - Storage

This is a discussion on Replace SCSI disk in a HPUX workstation? - Storage ; I'm trying to learn a bit HP-UX on a C360 workstation vintage: yr ~2000. I'm having trouble with space: only have a (HP) 4GB Seagate Barracuda UW (40MB/sec interface?) disk in it. Can I successfully replace it with a larger ...

  1. Replace SCSI disk in a HPUX workstation?

    I'm trying to learn a bit HP-UX on a C360 workstation vintage: yr ~2000. I'm
    having trouble with space: only have a (HP) 4GB Seagate Barracuda UW
    (40MB/sec interface?) disk in it. Can I successfully replace it with a
    larger disk, assuming an UW interface? Should/could even a Ultra/2 or /3
    disk work? They should be capable to "move down" to UW as well?
    (=40MB/sec).

    Then again - the HP/Seagate disk label says firmware: "HP01" which makes me
    wonder if the C360 can cope with standard SCSI disks at all.. and if 9GB is
    a hard limit, as that was the largest size ever offered

    I'm having trouble to even patch the 11.11 OS on this tiny disk..

    Ideas/guesses most welcome - if I'm lucky perhaps someone has tried this
    already?

  2. Re: Replace SCSI disk in a HPUX workstation?

    Hello !

    kalev- wrote:
    > I'm trying to learn a bit HP-UX on a C360 workstation vintage: yr ~2000. I'm
    > having trouble with space: only have a (HP) 4GB Seagate Barracuda UW
    > (40MB/sec interface?) disk in it. Can I successfully replace it with a
    > larger disk, assuming an UW interface? Should/could even a Ultra/2 or /3
    > disk work? They should be capable to "move down" to UW as well?
    > (=40MB/sec).

    Should work.

    > Then again - the HP/Seagate disk label says firmware: "HP01" which makes me
    > wonder if the C360 can cope with standard SCSI disks at all.. and if 9GB is
    > a hard limit, as that was the largest size ever offered

    Normaly, you can use all SCSI Disks in the C360.
    I am using differnent non HP firmware disks across all my machines.

    > I'm having trouble to even patch the 11.11 OS on this tiny disk..

    You mean on the 4 GB disk ? - Yes, 4 GB is much less for 11.11.

    Lars

  3. Re: Replace SCSI disk in a HPUX workstation?

    Lars Bausch wrote:

    > Normaly, you can use all SCSI Disks in the C360.
    > I am using differnent non HP firmware disks across all my machines.
    >
    >> I'm having trouble to even patch the 11.11 OS on this tiny disk..

    > You mean on the 4 GB disk ? - Yes, 4 GB is much less for 11.11.
    >
    > Lars

    Lars, thanks for the good news!

    --
    Every day above ground is a good day