Remote storage - Storage

This is a discussion on Remote storage - Storage ; Does anybody know of a remote storage service like xdrive.com for example, but cheaper (I don't need gigabytes of storage for now)? Either as a remote drive or FTP. Alternatively, I would like a servre like that at home, but ...

  1. Remote storage

    Does anybody know of a remote storage service like xdrive.com for
    example, but cheaper (I don't need gigabytes of storage for now)? Either
    as a remote drive or FTP.

    Alternatively, I would like a servre like that at home, but as a trimmed
    computer (a small box that uses very little power); but it mustn't be
    limited to LAN and must be secure (will be used through the internet).
    Is there such a thing?

    Thank you

    Tom

  2. Re: Remote storage

    In article ,
    Tomaz Cedilnik wrote:
    >Does anybody know of a remote storage service like xdrive.com for
    >example, but cheaper (I don't need gigabytes of storage for now)? Either
    >as a remote drive or FTP.
    >
    >Alternatively, I would like a servre like that at home, but as a trimmed
    >computer (a small box that uses very little power); but it mustn't be
    >limited to LAN and must be secure (will be used through the internet).
    >Is there such a thing?
    >
    >Thank you
    >
    >Tom

    There's ibackup.com and I know people that signed up for their
    original service ($29/year for 100MB ?) years ago and still use it but
    ibackup has upped the minimum to (I think) $100/year. Good service
    and nice client software if you like the price.

    Depending on how you are going to use it you can get a cheapo web
    hosting acount and use the FTP service to upload files. I'd zip up
    files on my PC and put them on the server.

    I think godaddy.com (originally a good/cheap domain name registrar,
    now expanding out to cheap web hosting/email services) I seee they
    have some sort of online storage service associated with the email
    service. I've used godaddy for lots of projects and they've done
    good.

    --
    a d y k e s @ p a n i x . c o m

    Don't blame me. I voted for Gore.