I've just installed a 250GB SATA HDD plus a SATA PCI card and I want to use
the new drive for storage. I installed the drivers for the PCI card when
prompted and now I need to
format the new hard drive I believe, but I'm terrified of making a mistake.
I did go into
"Disk Management" and right click the new HDD and it gave me the option to
use the add new partition, but I don't know if that's what I need to
do?..( new volume?.. logical drive? etc.etc..)

If someone could give me a step by step explanation in novice friendly
terms I would be extremely grateful.

My set up as it now stands is.

C:/....80GB ATA HDD primary ide master NTFS primary partition (with WinXP
Home already installed.)
(Unallocated 250GB SATA HDD on SATA connection 1 PCI card.....new
installation. )
D:/....DVD\RW secondary ide master
E:/....DVD\RW secondary ide slave
F:/....removable storage...comes up for digi camera when using card reader.

My intentions are to leave my apps on C:/ drive and move "My Documents"
folder to the
new storage HDD.

For personal replies please leave or type signature
"p.mc" In the body of the message otherwise
posts will not be received.