IBM will OEM NetApp?!? - Storage

This is a discussion on IBM will OEM NetApp?!? - Storage ; Hi group, Just read the news that IBM will start reselling NetApp Filers under their own label. Anyone got any thoughts on that?? Rob...

  1. IBM will OEM NetApp?!?

    Hi group,

    Just read the news that IBM will start reselling NetApp Filers under their
    own label. Anyone got any thoughts on that??

    Rob

  2. Re: IBM will OEM NetApp?!?

    On Thu, 7 Apr 2005 07:53:39 +0200, "Rob Turk"
    <_wipe_me_r.turk@chello.nl> wrote:

    >Hi group,
    >
    >Just read the news that IBM will start reselling NetApp Filers under their
    >own label. Anyone got any thoughts on that??
    >
    >Rob

    Not really. When HDS and NetApp first hooked up I though that was the
    end-all-be-all for me. Then one morning it hit me, "hey, this is a
    partnership right? Remember the Sun/Veritas/Oracle partnership?"

    So I never actually got a gfiler. The NetApps and the HDS are still
    seperate.

    ~F

  3. Re: IBM will OEM NetApp?!?

    Only this, NetApp is still the most successful in the business for NAS.
    IBM has actually been reselling through their professional services
    groups netapp for a while. They have even been configuring things
    like storage for exchange for years on netapp. It's just another
    piece of fruit to carry in their basket when people ask them for a
    solution to their data problems.

+ Reply to Thread