Netbackup script to show totals of backed up data? - Storage

This is a discussion on Netbackup script to show totals of backed up data? - Storage ; Before I reinvent the wheel, does anyone have or know of a script that would show the amounts of data being backed up for a given period, such as all fulls and incrementals for a week? I'm trying to spec ...

  1. Netbackup script to show totals of backed up data?

    Before I reinvent the wheel, does anyone have or know of a
    script that would show the amounts of data being backed up
    for a given period, such as all fulls and incrementals for
    a week? I'm trying to spec out a new tape library. I will
    use the output of the bpimagelist command and Perl, but
    just wanted to see if someone already had something. TIA.

    --
    - Kyle

  2. Re: Netbackup script to show totals of backed up data?

    Kyle Tucker wrote:
    > Before I reinvent the wheel, does anyone have or know of a
    > script that would show the amounts of data being backed up
    > for a given period, such as all fulls and incrementals for
    > a week? I'm trying to spec out a new tape library.

    That depends on the command you are using to do tha backups.

    > I will
    > use the output of the bpimagelist command and Perl, but
    > just wanted to see if someone already had something. TIA.
    >
    > --
    > - Kyle

  3. Re: Netbackup script to show totals of backed up data?

    In article <1112805692.727596.287810@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups. com>,
    "Greg Beeker" writes:

    >> Before I reinvent the wheel, does anyone have or know of a
    >> script that would show the amounts of data being backed up
    >> for a given period, such as all fulls and incrementals for
    >> a week? I'm trying to spec out a new tape library.

    > That depends on the command you are using to do tha backups.

    Backups are done by Netbackup's (Veritas) automated scheduler.
    These aren't manual or homegrown backups.

    --
    - Kyle

  4. Re: Netbackup script to show totals of backed up data?

    >>> Before I reinvent the wheel, does anyone have or know of a
    >>> script that would show the amounts of data being backed up
    >>> for a given period, such as all fulls and incrementals for
    >>> a week? I'm trying to spec out a new tape library.

    try
    http://www.backupscripts.com/
    http://www.eng.auburn.edu/pub/mail-lists/veritas-users/

    >> That depends on the command you are using to do tha backups.

    > Backups are done by Netbackup's (Veritas) automated scheduler.
    > These aren't manual or homegrown backups.
    >
    > --
    > - Kyle

+ Reply to Thread