Raid 0 off line - Storage

This is a discussion on Raid 0 off line - Storage ; I have a problem with two hd Maxtor DiamondMax Plus 9 160gb ata/133 in raid 0 configuration. I have an Asus P4C800-E De luxe motherboard with the Promise PDC20378 controller. All is gone ok for six months then, last evening ...

  1. Raid 0 off line

    I have a problem with two hd Maxtor DiamondMax Plus 9 160gb ata/133 in raid
    0 configuration.
    I have an Asus P4C800-E De luxe motherboard with the Promise PDC20378
    controller.
    All is gone ok for six months then, last evening at the boot I had a message
    that told me that one of the two disks was off line.
    There is anybody can help me!!!!

    Geronimo

  2. Re: Raid 0 off line

    Geronimo wrote:
    > I have a problem with two hd Maxtor DiamondMax Plus 9 160gb ata/133

    in raid
    > 0 configuration.
    > I have an Asus P4C800-E De luxe motherboard with the Promise PDC20378
    > controller.
    > All is gone ok for six months then, last evening at the boot I had a

    message
    > that told me that one of the two disks was off line.
    > There is anybody can help me!!!!
    >
    > Geronimo

    If your hardware is reporting a failed disk then the data on this
    stripe/concat volume will be gone. If this is the case then you'll need
    to replace the failed part and restore your data from another media
    such as tape.

    If you haven't got your data backed up then think about raid 0+1 in the
    future
    for redundancy.

    Good luck
    Ben

  3. Re: Raid 0 off line

    RAID 0? The mirror? Why not using Windows's or Linux's software RAIDs? I
    think they are more trustworthy then nearly any hardware RAIDs on commodity
    market.

    --
    Maxim Shatskih, Windows DDK MVP
    StorageCraft Corporation

    "Geronimo" wrote in message
    > I have a problem with two hd Maxtor DiamondMax Plus 9 160gb ata/133 in raid
    > 0 configuration.
    > I have an Asus P4C800-E De luxe motherboard with the Promise PDC20378
    > controller.
    > All is gone ok for six months then, last evening at the boot I had a message
    > that told me that one of the two disks was off line.
    > There is anybody can help me!!!!
    >
    > Geronimo

+ Reply to Thread