Paid Focus Group for NAS experts...Silicon Valley based April 5th..Portola Valley - Storage

This is a discussion on Paid Focus Group for NAS experts...Silicon Valley based April 5th..Portola Valley - Storage ; Stealth Start Up NAS appliance company with a clever way to scale NAS storage to deal with data migration and global name space issue is looking for NAS admins for a Focus Group in Portola Valley on April 5th. Reply ...

  1. Paid Focus Group for NAS experts...Silicon Valley based April 5th..Portola Valley

    Stealth Start Up NAS appliance company with a clever way to scale NAS
    storage to deal with data migration and global name space issue is
    looking for NAS admins for a Focus Group in Portola Valley on April
    5th.

    Ideal background for participants would be as follows:

    Specific primary and near-line storage administrative experience using
    hardware from the following vendors: Network Appliance, Spinnaker,
    BlueArc, EMC, SUN or Microsoft Windows based filers is a requirement.

    Participants must have a thorough understanding of CIFS and NFS and
    RAID devices.

    Storage environment must have a large number of users/multiple TBs of
    NAS storage and have 10 or more NAS devices managed at your location.

    Participants must have experience scaling NAS across multiple filers
    including name space partitioning and file migration. Participants who
    have insights into current methods as well as proposed methods such as
    clustered or distributed file systems and to scale NAS with a single
    global name space from both incumbent and start up vendors would
    strongly be preferred.

    Participants with hands on administrative experience with storage
    applications experience for snap-shotting, back up and restore,
    mirroring, information life cycle management, charge-back, quota
    management, storage virtualization and resource management and remote
    replication for Disaster Recovery a plus. Home grown scripting tools to
    accomplish similar results would be great.

    Administrative experience with Microsoft Exchange, SQL and Veritas
    NetBackup a plus.

    Candidates with access to performance testing facilities and who have
    been involved in beta testing new storage technologies in the past will
    be given higher priority.

    Must be willing to participate in on-site discussion in the evening.

    Must be willing to participate in the entire 90 minute discussion.

    $150 Honoraria will be given to each participant. Food will be served.

    Compensation: $150

  2. Re: Paid Focus Group for NAS experts...Silicon Valley based April 5th..Portola Valley

    Has anyone replied to this guy? I'd be interested to hear if he's on
    the up and up.

    ~F

    On 18 Mar 2005 11:20:21 -0800, "NAS Focus Group Leader"
    wrote:

    >Stealth Start Up NAS appliance company with a clever way to scale NAS
    >storage to deal with data migration and global name space issue is
    >looking for NAS admins for a Focus Group in Portola Valley on April
    >5th.

    >Ideal background for participants would be as follows:
    >
    >Specific primary and near-line storage administrative experience using
    >hardware from the following vendors: Network Appliance, Spinnaker,
    >BlueArc, EMC, SUN or Microsoft Windows based filers is a requirement.
    >
    >Participants must have a thorough understanding of CIFS and NFS and
    >RAID devices.
    >
    >Storage environment must have a large number of users/multiple TBs of
    >NAS storage and have 10 or more NAS devices managed at your location.
    >
    >Participants must have experience scaling NAS across multiple filers
    >including name space partitioning and file migration. Participants who
    >have insights into current methods as well as proposed methods such as
    >clustered or distributed file systems and to scale NAS with a single
    >global name space from both incumbent and start up vendors would
    >strongly be preferred.
    >
    >Participants with hands on administrative experience with storage
    >applications experience for snap-shotting, back up and restore,
    >mirroring, information life cycle management, charge-back, quota
    >management, storage virtualization and resource management and remote
    >replication for Disaster Recovery a plus. Home grown scripting tools to
    >accomplish similar results would be great.
    >
    >Administrative experience with Microsoft Exchange, SQL and Veritas
    >NetBackup a plus.
    >
    >Candidates with access to performance testing facilities and who have
    >been involved in beta testing new storage technologies in the past will
    >be given higher priority.
    >
    >Must be willing to participate in on-site discussion in the evening.
    >
    >Must be willing to participate in the entire 90 minute discussion.
    >
    >$150 Honoraria will be given to each participant. Food will be served.
    >

    >Compensation: $150

  3. Re: Paid Focus Group for NAS experts...Silicon Valley based April 5th..Portola Valley

    I would be happy to talk to you if you were interested. We are a start
    up company in stealth mode about to launch a product. Figured we
    actually show it to some smart people before we launch it publically.
    Thanks
    Tom
    thomas.garland@stanfordalumni.org

  4. Re: Paid Focus Group for NAS experts...Silicon Valley based April 5th..Portola Valley

    On Mon, 21 Mar 2005 02:36:21 GMT, Faeandar wrote:

    >Has anyone replied to this guy? I'd be interested to hear if he's on
    >the up and up.

    Shame on you for top-posting! ;-P

    Had I been local, I would have been really tempted to go along... at
    least to check it out and hopefully offer some input.

    You never know where the next big thing is going to come from.
    Unfortunately, for me, it's been a few years since I was a regular in
    the South Bay area.

    HVB.

+ Reply to Thread