Newsgroups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
From: "JJonson"
Subject: Ghost 9 wont do incrementals..why?
Sender: nntp@news.boeing.com (Boeing NNTP News Access)
Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2005 00:27:53 GMT

I having this problem with backups using Ghost 9. For some reason it keeps
wanting to do only baseline backups and not incrementals (which are much
smaller).
I have noticed that if I dont turn of the PC between backups that it seems
then to do an incremental. But if I power off between backups it will
continue to do the full 44G backup.

I have Windows XP-sp2 and have the latest Ghost updates installed. I have a
schedule of once a month baseline and a incremental once each day
thereafter.

Does the power off thing bring any clues to mind of something that I can to
do to fix it? I did a FAQ that said if you defrag or make a lot of changes
it will do a baseline. But niether are the case here.

Thanks!
..