Path fail-over for SUSe 9 - Storage

This is a discussion on Path fail-over for SUSe 9 - Storage ; I am looking for a path fail-over product for SUSe Linux 9. I have four DL380(G4)'s each with two QLogic QLA 2340-E-SP attached to two McData 4500 switches. These are connected to an EMC Clariion CX500 array. EMC's PowerPath is ...

  1. Path fail-over for SUSe 9

    I am looking for a path fail-over product for SUSe Linux 9. I have four
    DL380(G4)'s each with two QLogic QLA 2340-E-SP attached to two McData 4500
    switches. These are connected to an EMC Clariion CX500 array. EMC's
    PowerPath is not certified on SUSe 9.

    Any suggestions?

    Thanks,

    Rick

  2. Re: Path fail-over for SUSe 9

    Qlogic has multipath capabilities for most of their drivers. I would
    look at the SUSE 9 drivers and see if the MP capabilites of this driver
    set are sufficient.

  3. Re: Path fail-over for SUSe 9

    On a Sun box I would use Veritas DMP which comes with Volume Manager. I
    believe Volume Manager is available for Linux and may offer a DMP
    solution for you. On a Solaris system with vxvm you would just need to
    get the clarion ASL, array support library an VxVM version >3.2.

    Regards,
    Vic

+ Reply to Thread