create index file from expired volume - Storage

This is a discussion on create index file from expired volume - Storage ; Hi all I use networker v7.1.1. I try to restore tape that can show save set in volume. But that volume had passed expiration period. I use command "nsrck -L 7 -t 10/17/01 client-name ". but it not success. (pstuxs03):/nsr# ...

  1. create index file from expired volume

    Hi all

    I use networker v7.1.1. I try to restore tape that can show save set
    in volume.
    But that volume had passed expiration period. I use command "nsrck -L
    7 -t 10/17/01 client-name ". but it not success.

    (pstuxs03):/nsr# nsrck -L 7 -t 10/17/01 reporting-tu0
    nsrck: checking index for 'reporting-tu0'
    nsrck: The file index for client 'reporting-tu0' will be recovered.
    nsrck: The index recovery for 'reporting-tu0' failed.
    nsrck: File index error: can't find index backups for 'reporting-tu0'
    on server 'pstuxs03'

    nsrck: Completed checking 1 client(s)

    This legato server have 2 drives attched (LTO and DLT).
    it read only LTO. How can I force it to read data file from DLT and
    generate index?

    Thanks in advance
    Thana
    Thailand

  2. Re: create index file from expired volume

    Thana wrote:
    > Hi all
    >
    > I use networker v7.1.1. I try to restore tape that can show save set
    > in volume.
    > But that volume had passed expiration period. I use command "nsrck -L
    > 7 -t 10/17/01 client-name ". but it not success.
    >
    > (pstuxs03):/nsr# nsrck -L 7 -t 10/17/01 reporting-tu0
    > nsrck: checking index for 'reporting-tu0'
    > nsrck: The file index for client 'reporting-tu0' will be recovered.
    > nsrck: The index recovery for 'reporting-tu0' failed.
    > nsrck: File index error: can't find index backups for 'reporting-tu0'
    > on server 'pstuxs03'
    >
    > nsrck: Completed checking 1 client(s)
    >
    > This legato server have 2 drives attched (LTO and DLT).
    > it read only LTO. How can I force it to read data file from DLT and
    > generate index?

    The backup software knows which drive to use, as long as it can find the
    client index. In your case, it seems that Networker can't find any index
    from that time. You can use:
    mminfo -av -c reporting-tu0 -q"name=index:reporting-tu0"
    (I think the syntax is correct), to list out all recorded index-backups
    for this client. If mminfo does not know about the index backup, then
    you cannot use the nsrck -L7 -command, since this looks up in the
    mediadatabase.

    If you know exactly which tape you would like to restore from, I would
    rather go for the "scanner" command (read the manual for syntax), on the
    tape.

    Regards,
    Mats Berger

+ Reply to Thread