Transfer OpenSSH settings to a new Server - SSH

This is a discussion on Transfer OpenSSH settings to a new Server - SSH ; Hi, I have a Windows 2003 Server running OpenSSH. I need to upgrade to a new server. In tests I have run I am getting host identification failures even though in my test environement I have retained the same server ...

  1. Transfer OpenSSH settings to a new Server

    Hi,

    I have a Windows 2003 Server running OpenSSH. I need to upgrade to a
    new server. In tests I have run I am getting host identification
    failures even though in my test environement I have retained the same
    server name, and server IP address.

    I have copied over the contents of the .ssh folder as well.

    Is there something I am missing?

    Thank you,
    Al

  2. Re: Transfer OpenSSH settings to a new Server

    acb writes:

    >Hi,

    >I have a Windows 2003 Server running OpenSSH. I need to upgrade to a
    >new server. In tests I have run I am getting host identification
    >failures even though in my test environement I have retained the same
    >server name, and server IP address.

    >I have copied over the contents of the .ssh folder as well.

    Yes. YOu forgot to copy over the id_rsa{,.pub} or id_dsa{,.pub} files that
    define the server.
    Not sure where they are stored on Windows.

    >Is there something I am missing?

    >Thank you,
    >Al

+ Reply to Thread