CheckHostIP=no does not work ? - SSH

This is a discussion on CheckHostIP=no does not work ? - SSH ; I do 'scp -o CheckHostIP=no' but I still get the 'Offending key in /home/lerner/.ssh/known_hosts:2' fatal error (because hosts IPs changed). The purpose that I use '-o CheckHostIP=no' is to suppress the 'Offending key' fatal error because I know IP changes ...

  1. CheckHostIP=no does not work ?

    I do 'scp -o CheckHostIP=no' but I still get the
    'Offending key in /home/lerner/.ssh/known_hosts:2'
    fatal error (because hosts IPs changed).
    The purpose that I use '-o CheckHostIP=no' is to suppress the
    'Offending key' fatal error because I know IP changes took place.

    Why the 'CheckHostIP=no' did not suppress the 'Offending key' error ?

    Yakov

  2. Re: CheckHostIP=no does not work ?

    Yakov> I do 'scp -o CheckHostIP=no' but I still get the 'Offending key
    Yakov> in /home/lerner/.ssh/known_hosts:2' fatal error (because hosts
    Yakov> IPs changed). The purpose that I use '-o CheckHostIP=no' is to
    Yakov> suppress the 'Offending key' fatal error because I know IP
    Yakov> changes took place.

    Yakov> Why the 'CheckHostIP=no' did not suppress the 'Offending key'
    Yakov> error ?

    Perhaps not only the address changed, but also the hostkey itself?

    --
    Richard Silverman
    res@qoxp.net

+ Reply to Thread