SFTP and private key - SSH

This is a discussion on SFTP and private key - SSH ; Hi, I have a few questions concerning OpenSSH in Cygwin. I've installed Cygwin with ssh package on a computer, created private and public keys. When I'm using putty to connect to my ssh server using my key, no problem it ...

  1. SFTP and private key

    Hi,
    I have a few questions concerning OpenSSH in Cygwin.
    I've installed Cygwin with ssh package on a computer, created private
    and public keys.

    When I'm using putty to connect to my ssh server using my key, no
    problem it do just fine. But when I'm trying to connect using sftp, the
    server refuse the key.

    Why and how to solve this ?

    Thanks.
    Regards,
    Laurent.

  2. Re: SFTP and private key

    On 27 Sep, 16:03, John Doe wrote:
    > Hi,
    > I have a few questions concerning OpenSSH in Cygwin.
    > I've installed Cygwin with ssh package on a computer, created private
    > and public keys.
    >
    > When I'm using putty to connect to my ssh server using my key, no
    > problem it do just fine. But when I'm trying to connect using sftp, the
    > server refuse the key.
    >
    > Why and how to solve this ?
    >
    > Thanks.
    > Regards,
    > Laurent.

    You haven't told us much about the server side, nor whether the server
    is allowing sftp and it works from the server itself. And the idea of
    using unsigned keys is.... probably a very bad idea. Why are you doin
    git?

  3. Re: SFTP and private key

    Hi,
    yes the server is allowed to do SFTP.
    I can connect to SFTP using login and password but not using private key.
    Here is below the sshd_config file.
    Thanks.

    Port 443
    Protocol 2
    #AddressFamily any
    #ListenAddress 0.0.0.0
    #ListenAddress ::

    # HostKey for protocol version 1
    #HostKey /etc/ssh_host_key
    # HostKeys for protocol version 2
    #HostKey /etc/ssh_host_rsa_key
    #HostKey /etc/ssh_host_dsa_key

    # Lifetime and size of ephemeral version 1 server key
    #KeyRegenerationInterval 1h
    #ServerKeyBits 768

    # Logging
    # obsoletes QuietMode and FascistLogging
    #SyslogFacility AUTH
    #LogLevel INFO

    # Authentication:

    #LoginGraceTime 2m
    #PermitRootLogin yes
    StrictModes no
    #MaxAuthTries 6

    #RSAAuthentication yes
    PubkeyAuthentication yes
    AuthorizedKeysFile .ssh/authorized_keys

    # For this to work you will also need host keys in /etc/ssh_known_hosts
    #RhostsRSAAuthentication no
    # similar for protocol version 2
    #HostbasedAuthentication no
    # Change to yes if you don't trust ~/.ssh/known_hosts for
    # RhostsRSAAuthentication and HostbasedAuthentication
    #IgnoreUserKnownHosts no
    # Don't read the user's ~/.rhosts and ~/.shosts files
    #IgnoreRhosts yes

    # To disable tunneled clear text passwords, change to no here!
    PasswordAuthentication no
    PermitEmptyPasswords no

    # Change to no to disable s/key passwords
    #ChallengeResponseAuthentication yes

    # Kerberos options
    #KerberosAuthentication no
    #KerberosOrLocalPasswd yes
    #KerberosTicketCleanup yes
    #KerberosGetAFSToken no

    # GSSAPI options
    #GSSAPIAuthentication no
    #GSSAPICleanupCredentials yes

    # Set this to 'yes' to enable PAM authentication, account processing,
    # and session processing. If this is enabled, PAM authentication will
    # be allowed through the ChallengeResponseAuthentication mechanism.
    # Depending on your PAM configuration, this may bypass the setting of
    # PasswordAuthentication, PermitEmptyPasswords, and
    # "PermitRootLogin without-password". If you just want the PAM account and
    # session checks to run without PAM authentication, then enable this but
    set
    # ChallengeResponseAuthentication=no
    #UsePAM no

    AllowTcpForwarding yes
    #GatewayPorts no
    #X11Forwarding no
    #X11DisplayOffset 10
    #X11UseLocalhost yes
    #PrintMotd yes
    #PrintLastLog yes
    TCPKeepAlive yes
    #UseLogin no
    UsePrivilegeSeparation yes
    #PermitUserEnvironment no
    #Compression delayed
    ClientAliveInterval 30
    ClientAliveCountMax 3
    UseDNS yes
    #PidFile /var/run/sshd.pid
    #MaxStartups 10
    #PermitTunnel no
    #subsystem-sftp sftp-server
    # no default banner path
    #Banner /some/path

    # override default of no subsystems
    Subsystem sftp /usr/sbin/sftp-server
    AllowUsers putty
    Banner /etc/banner.txt

    Regards,
    Laurent.

  4. Re: SFTP and private key

    John Doe a écrit :
    > Hi,
    > I have a few questions concerning OpenSSH in Cygwin.
    > I've installed Cygwin with ssh package on a computer, created private
    > and public keys.
    >
    > When I'm using putty to connect to my ssh server using my key, no
    > problem it do just fine. But when I'm trying to connect using sftp, the
    > server refuse the key.
    >
    > Why and how to solve this ?
    >
    > Thanks.
    > Regards,
    > Laurent.

    Common guys, nobody any ideas please ?

  5. Re: SFTP and private key

    On Oct 19, 2:32 am, John Doe wrote:
    > John Doe a écrit :> Hi,
    > > I have a few questions concerning OpenSSH in Cygwin.
    > > I've installed Cygwin with ssh package on a computer, created private
    > > and public keys.

    > > When I'm using putty to connect to my ssh server using my key, no
    > > problem it do just fine. But when I'm trying to connect using sftp, the
    > > server refuse the key.

    > > Why and how to solve this ?

    > > Thanks.
    > > Regards,
    > > Laurent.

    > Common guys, nobody any ideas please ?

    The SSH server is installed via CygWin? There's a number of old
    problems with various anti-virus software and security software
    interfering with CygWin's sshd, including some fascinating issues with
    sshd's use of "re-exec" being blocked by Macafee Anti-virus software.

+ Reply to Thread