Fastest SSH encryption cipher????? - SSH

This is a discussion on Fastest SSH encryption cipher????? - SSH ; Since I installed a gigabit switch and have gigabit cards, I became aware that SSH encryption is the bottleneck to transferring large files quickly. The CPU does not keep up with data transfer rate. I would like to know if ...

  1. Fastest SSH encryption cipher?????

    Since I installed a gigabit switch and have gigabit cards, I became
    aware that SSH encryption is the bottleneck to transferring large
    files quickly. The CPU does not keep up with data transfer rate.

    I would like to know if there is a "lite" cypher that I could choose
    that would be considerably faster. I tried 3des, blowfish and AES-128.

    Security does not matter as much in this application, this is a home
    LAN. I mean, I do want secure authentication, but I do not care if the
    data traffic can be deciphered somewhat more easily than "strong
    crypto" can make it.

  2. Re: Fastest SSH encryption cipher?????

    Ignoramus19897 writes:

    > Since I installed a gigabit switch and have gigabit cards, I became
    > aware that SSH encryption is the bottleneck to transferring large
    > files quickly. The CPU does not keep up with data transfer rate.
    >
    > I would like to know if there is a "lite" cypher that I could choose
    > that would be considerably faster. I tried 3des, blowfish and AES-128.
    >
    > Security does not matter as much in this application, this is a home
    > LAN. I mean, I do want secure authentication, but I do not care if the
    > data traffic can be deciphered somewhat more easily than "strong
    > crypto" can make it.

    In SecureCRT, I see options including RC4 and None for ciphers. Both
    of which should be lighter than the 3 you've tried.

    --
    Todd H.
    http://www.toddh.net/

+ Reply to Thread