Port forwarding on established connection - SSH

This is a discussion on Port forwarding on established connection - SSH ; When I use the ssh client to connect to a remote host is it possible to add a port forward after the connection has been established? Putty allows you to add port forwards after you have already established the connection, ...

  1. Port forwarding on established connection

    When I use the ssh client to connect to a remote host is it possible
    to add a port forward after the connection has been established?
    Putty allows you to add port forwards after you have already
    established the connection, but as far as I can find the only way to
    configure a port forward with the ssh client is on the command line
    with the -L flag.

    Thank you for your help.

  2. Re: Port forwarding on established connection

    jatysonspam@gmail.com writes:
    >When I use the ssh client to connect to a remote host is it possible
    >to add a port forward after the connection has been established?

    The OpenSSH client allows you to do this with ~C -- see the ssh(1) man
    page.

  3. Re: Port forwarding on established connection

    On Sep 6, 5:14 pm, Jacob Nevins wrote:
    > jatysons...@gmail.com writes:
    > >When I use the ssh client to connect to a remote host is it possible
    > >to add a port forward after the connection has been established?

    > The OpenSSH client allows you to do this with ~C -- see the ssh(1) man
    > page.

    That is exactly what I was looking for, must have missed it in the man
    page. Thank you very much!

+ Reply to Thread