scp or ssh transfert - SSH

This is a discussion on scp or ssh transfert - SSH ; Hi, is there a way to lock the way of a transfer in scp ? I mean, with a server A and B, is there a way, connecting from A to B, to allow data going from A to B ...

  1. scp or ssh transfert

    Hi,

    is there a way to lock the way of a transfer in scp ?

    I mean, with a server A and B, is there a way, connecting from A to B,
    to allow data going from A to B but preventing transfers from B to A ?
    (the same way as ftp get/put does)
    Maybe with latest sftp release ?

    Thanks

  2. Re: scp or ssh transfert

    On 4 Sep, 10:36, Miss Terre wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > is there a way to lock the way of a transfer in scp ?
    >
    > I mean, with a server A and B, is there a way, connecting from A to B,
    > to allow data going from A to B but preventing transfers from B to A ?
    > (the same way as ftp get/put does)
    > Maybe with latest sftp release ?
    >
    > Thanks

    Well, you could set the file ownership on A to prevent the users on B
    from being able to modify the files. Have them do downloads with a
    specific "download only" account and a set of user-supplied SSH keys,
    and you should be good.

    But for this kind of access control, SSH is often not your best bet. I
    keep saying this, but WebDAV over HTTPS works quite well and is well
    supported, and provides protection against symlink oddness that SCP
    does not. There's also rsync, or rsync over SSH: I suspect you could
    tunnel rsync over SSH to provide exactly this kind of access.

+ Reply to Thread