SFTP Error during ASCII transfers. - SSH

This is a discussion on SFTP Error during ASCII transfers. - SSH ; Hi all, I'm hoping someone can help with this as it is driving me crazy. I am trying to sftp a file from an OpenVMS box using SSH secure File transfer program. The file type is .lis (a text file) ...

  1. SFTP Error during ASCII transfers.

    Hi all,

    I'm hoping someone can help with this as it is driving me crazy. I am
    trying to sftp a file from an OpenVMS box using SSH secure File
    transfer program. The file type is .lis (a text file) and I use ASCII
    to perform transfers. I can transfer files under 1MB with no problem,
    but anything bigger than that and the transfer stops and I get an
    error:

    "File transfer server could not be started or it exited unexpectedly.
    Exit value 0 was returned. Most likely the sftp-server is not in the
    path of hte user on the server-side."

    If I use binary mode, the transfer completes successfully, but the
    file formatting gets screwed up so this is unacceptable. I'm sorry
    if I left out any pertinent information but I am not very good at VMS/
    unix.

    Any help would be greatly appreciated.

    Thanks!

  2. Re: SFTP Error during ASCII transfers.

    On 14 Aug, 17:48, cheebad...@gmail.com wrote:
    > Hi all,
    >
    > I'm hoping someone can help with this as it is driving me crazy. I am
    > trying to sftp a file from an OpenVMS box using SSH secure File
    > transfer program. The file type is .lis (a text file) and I use ASCII
    > to perform transfers. I can transfer files under 1MB with no problem,
    > but anything bigger than that and the transfer stops and I get an
    > error:
    >
    > "File transfer server could not be started or it exited unexpectedly.
    > Exit value 0 was returned. Most likely the sftp-server is not in the
    > path of hte user on the server-side."
    >
    > If I use binary mode, the transfer completes successfully, but the
    > file formatting gets screwed up so this is unacceptable. I'm sorry
    > if I left out any pertinent information but I am not very good at VMS/
    > unix.
    >
    > Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    >
    > Thanks!

    Well, being in OpenVMS is one set of problems. It's really not a
    common platform. But if you can transfer successfully in binary mode,
    why not install "unix2dos" and "dos2unix"? Or isn't that available in
    OpenVMS?

+ Reply to Thread