drop ssh connection after x minutes of inactivity - SSH

This is a discussion on drop ssh connection after x minutes of inactivity - SSH ; I have an ssh client on one network coming through my firewall onto a server w/ an sshd running on a server. I want to know if there is a period of say 15 minutes of inactivity, how do I ...

  1. drop ssh connection after x minutes of inactivity

    I have an ssh client on one network coming through my firewall onto a
    server w/ an sshd running on a server. I want to know if there is a
    period of say 15 minutes of inactivity, how do I drop the session as a
    measure of security?

    Are there any docs on where or how to configure this? I'm assuming it's
    with sshd.

  2. Re: drop ssh connection after x minutes of inactivity

    Ender wrote:
    > I have an ssh client on one network coming through my firewall onto a
    > server w/ an sshd running on a server. I want to know if there is a
    > period of say 15 minutes of inactivity, how do I drop the session as a
    > measure of security?
    >
    > Are there any docs on where or how to configure this? I'm assuming it's
    > with sshd.

    I am not sure if ClientAliveInterval and ClientAliveCountMax in
    sshd_config . there is any such thing in sshd_config to cause the idle
    timeout but if you are using some of the popular Unix shells
    environment, then you could probably set some shell environment variable
    like in tcsh you have autologout and for bash, you do have TMOUT
    variable which will help you to automatically drop the shell session for
    a certain specified or default period of inactivity ofcourse if they are
    set.

    Nikhil

+ Reply to Thread