Hardening Linux by James Turnbull - SSH

This is a discussion on Hardening Linux by James Turnbull - SSH ; I'm curious what folks think of this book as a reference on linux security. Is it worth buying/reading for current linux systems (e.g., FC6)? -- % Randy Yates % "Though you ride on the wheels of tomorrow, %% Fuquay-Varina, NC ...

  1. Hardening Linux by James Turnbull

    --
    % Randy Yates % "Though you ride on the wheels of tomorrow,
    %% Fuquay-Varina, NC % you still wander the fields of your

  2. Re: Hardening Linux by James Turnbull

    On 4 Aug, 05:11, Randy Yates wrote:
    > I'm curious what folks think of this book as a reference on linux
    > security. Is it worth buying/reading for current linux systems (e.g.,
    > FC6)?
    > --
    > % Randy Yates % "Though you ride on the wheels of tomorrow,
    > %% Fuquay-Varina, NC % you still wander the fields of your
    > %%% 919-577-9882 % sorrow."
    > %%%% % '21st Century Man', *Time*, ELOhttp://home.earthlink.net/~yatescr

    The Linux Security Cookbook is pretty handy. The UNIX Security book
    used to be useful, but is badly out of date and handwaves over
    critical issues like password control.

+ Reply to Thread