Hi,

I'm trying to figure out which versions of OpenSSH automatically
reload server keys (/etc/ssh/ssh_host_{dsa,rsa,}_key) when you change
them without restarting the sshd daemon.

I already know that 4.5p1 on GNU/Linux does automatically reload them,
whereas 3.7.1p2 on HP-UX does not.

I was searching through the source code of 4.5p1 trying to figure out,
where the reload happens, so that I could grep through all the other
sources, but I can't figure out, where exactly does it happen.

To me it seems, like the server keys are loaded just once in the
main() function of sshd.c to the structure sensitive_data and are
stored there ever since. Therefore I don't understand the 4.5p1
behavior.

Thanks very much for any help

Ondra Novak

P.S.: I apologize if this is a dupe, I think I sent the message wrong
the first time.