Errorlevel capturing from plink? - SSH

This is a discussion on Errorlevel capturing from plink? - SSH ; Hi, I am able to connect via SSH to my server and run remote commands. This seems to work fine interactively and so now I am trying create a script to automate some commands. I am using plink with a ...

  1. Errorlevel capturing from plink?

    Hi,
    I am able to connect via SSH to my server and run remote commands.
    This seems to work fine interactively and so now I am trying create a
    script to automate some commands. I am using plink with a command line
    like:

    plink -batch -i c:\myppk.ppk user@server cmd /c c:\temp
    \commandfile.cmd

    The connection works fine, and the command file does execute on the
    remote server. However, my problem is that if the remote command file
    fails for any reason, I don't seem to be able to capture this via an
    errorlevel locally in my script. Plink always seems to return an
    errorlevel = 0, even when I have redirected the errorlevel on the
    server to a file and know it is non-zero. The commandfile.cmd on the
    server currently finishes with:

    EXIT %ERRORLEVEL%

    Am I doing something obviously wrong?

    Thanks in advance,
    Phil Rossiter

  2. Re: Errorlevel capturing from plink?

    Hi,

    In case anyone is interested, I have "solved" this problem by echoing
    the exit errorlevel code from the remotely executed command file to a
    log file. I can then transfer the log file to the local machine (using
    pscp) and read the contents.
    I have created a Python script which takes appropriate command line
    arguments to do this somewhat generically (on the assumption the
    expected log file is created) and exits itself with the errorlevel
    derived from the remote command.

    Thanks,
    Phil

+ Reply to Thread