SSH using php ssh library - SSH

This is a discussion on SSH using php ssh library - SSH ; Does you now evereone about programing ssh for configure ethernet swith DES-3526 .If you now somewone who can help me give me hi`s malL. t would be great if you could help me out My problem is:I am using php ...

  1. SSH using php ssh library

    Does you now evereone about programing ssh for configure ethernet swith
    DES-3526 .If you now somewone who can help me give me hi`s malL.
    t would be great if
    you could help me out
    My problem is:I am using php ssh library php_ssh2.dll
    or php library for linux
    a connected to switch using ssh2_auth_password($connection,
    'username', 'secret'))
    sucsessfully
    but a can`t
    open shell ssh2_shell($connection, 'vt100' );
    and a cant execute comands using ssh2_exec($connection, 'comand');
    What can i do to write data to the switch&

  2. Control Ethernet switch from script using SSH

    We have Ethernet switch with SSH and web interface. We want control it
    and want to do this from script (we have database with allowed MACs and
    want to sync switch list according to database). We tried to do this
    directly from PHP using ssh2 extension but with no luck (ssh2_shell and
    ssh2_exec fails). We don't want to use web interface because of security
    problems, speed and complexity. So for current moment we try to find
    any way to program switch. Is here any possibility to do this using
    Linux utilites? (Yes, I know about security flaw with switch password
    if it will be written in script).

  3. Re: Control Ethernet switch from script using SSH

    Varlamov Konstantyn writes:
    >We have Ethernet switch with SSH and web interface. We want control it
    > and want to do this from script (we have database with allowed MACs and
    > want to sync switch list according to database). We tried to do this
    > directly from PHP using ssh2 extension but with no luck (ssh2_shell and
    > ssh2_exec fails). We don't want to use web interface because of security
    > problems, speed and complexity. So for current moment we try to find
    > any way to program switch. Is here any possibility to do this using
    >Linux utilites? (Yes, I know about security flaw with switch password
    >if it will be written in script).

    You don't really say what kind of switch it is. The COSI-NMS site
    http://sourceforge.net/projects/cosi-nms/ will have some tools for
    connecting to Cisco switches via SSH. If you don't have cisco, you can
    probably take what they've done and adapt.

    Most of it will be doing perl or expect driving the ssh binary to do
    the work.

+ Reply to Thread