initiate ssh-session as fast as possible - SSH

This is a discussion on initiate ssh-session as fast as possible - SSH ; Hi, slightly OT here, but maybe you have some creative ideas: What possibillities are there to speed up the initiation of a ssh-connection? Security isn't important in this case, but we don't want to use telnet. Thank you, Martin...

  1. initiate ssh-session as fast as possible

    Hi,

    slightly OT here, but maybe you have some creative ideas:

    What possibillities are there to speed up the initiation of a
    ssh-connection?
    Security isn't important in this case, but we don't want to
    use telnet.

    Thank you,

    Martin

  2. Re: initiate ssh-session as fast as possible

    MK> Hi, slightly OT here, but maybe you have some creative ideas:

    MK> What possibillities are there to speed up the initiation of a
    MK> ssh-connection? Security isn't important in this case, but we
    MK> don't want to use telnet.

    MK> Thank you,

    MK> Martin

    Assuming you're talking about OpenSSH, if you use the connection
    multiplexing feature, you can open a single SSH session and reuse it for
    multiple subsequent ssh commands, which will be very fast.

    --
    Richard Silverman
    res@qoxp.net

  3. Re: initiate ssh-session as fast as possible

    Martin Klar writes:
    >What possibillities are there to speed up the initiation of a
    >ssh-connection?

    Choose your key-exchange algorithm carefully.

    >Security isn't important in this case, but we don't want to
    >use telnet.

    Why not?

  4. Re: initiate ssh-session as fast as possible

    Richard E. Silverman wrote:

    > Assuming you're talking about OpenSSH, if you use the connection
    > multiplexing feature, you can open a single SSH session and reuse it for
    > multiple subsequent ssh commands, which will be very fast.

    Thank you very much, that hit exactly the issue.

    Martin

+ Reply to Thread