I am currently using this batch file on Windows XP which starts up
Xming and then putty:

start "" "\Program Files\Xming\Xming.exe" :0 -multiwindow -clipboard -
emulate3buttons 50
putty -load mysessionname -l myusername -pw mypassword

where mysessionname is a session I have set up in putty using the
putty GUI and myusername and
mypassword are replaced by the appropriate username and password.
This seems to work in that
it automatically connects to the remote host and startups up the Xming
server but I still have to enter:

xterm&

into the screen that putty starts up in order to get the actual xterm
to run. Is there some way to
have the xterm& issued automatically too?

Thanks.