winscp through a firewall : how to implement - SSH

This is a discussion on winscp through a firewall : how to implement - SSH ; Hi, I've the following infrasctructures : a) Client Desktop ------- Firewall ------ Customer Server The fw rules do not authorize a access to Customer Server from a client Desktop b) Client Desktop ------- Server Gateway ------ Firewall ------ Customer Server ...

  1. winscp through a firewall : how to implement

    Hi,
    I've the following infrasctructures :

    a) Client Desktop ------- Firewall ------ Customer Server

    The fw rules do not authorize a access to Customer Server from a
    client Desktop

    b) Client Desktop ------- Server Gateway ------ Firewall ------
    Customer Server

    The fw rule authorize the Server Gateway to access the Customer Server
    In this case the Client Desktop can connect to the Customer Server
    using Putty and is "agent forwarding" setting (and some more settings)

    But now I would like to do the same with winscp.
    Putty as a setting "Remote command" that I can not find in my winscp.
    So is it a way be able to use winscp in b) case ?

    Thank's

  2. Re: winscp through a firewall : how to implement

    kona writes:

    > Hi,
    > I've the following infrasctructures :
    >
    > a) Client Desktop ------- Firewall ------ Customer Server
    >
    > The fw rules do not authorize a access to Customer Server from a
    > client Desktop
    >
    > b) Client Desktop ------- Server Gateway ------ Firewall ------
    > Customer Server
    >
    > The fw rule authorize the Server Gateway to access the Customer Server
    > In this case the Client Desktop can connect to the Customer Server
    > using Putty and is "agent forwarding" setting (and some more settings)
    >
    > But now I would like to do the same with winscp.
    > Putty as a setting "Remote command" that I can not find in my winscp.
    > So is it a way be able to use winscp in b) case ?

    I think your reliance on gui tools is making this harder than it would
    be on the command line actually. Look under Connection> proxy
    settings in winscp and I think that remote command you seek goes
    there.

    --
    Todd H.
    http://www.toddh.net/