Query regarding ssh implementation - SSH

This is a discussion on Query regarding ssh implementation - SSH ; Hi, I have searched enough in web before asking this here. If this is not the right place to ask please ignore this. I came to know that there are currently 3 ssh implementations viz. ssh1, ssh2 and openssh. On ...

  1. Query regarding ssh implementation

    Hi,
    I have searched enough in web before asking this here. If this is not
    the right place to ask please ignore this.

    I came to know that there are currently 3 ssh implementations viz.
    ssh1, ssh2 and openssh.

    On a system where ssh is installed how to find what kind of ssh
    implementation that was running on it using a shell script..

    The reason why I require this ssh configuration files like
    authorized_keys will be at different locations (~/.ssh, ~/.ssh2) with
    different file name like authorized_keys or authorized_keys2 with
    different format (ssh2 implementation stores file names of the public
    keys in authorized keys file).

    Please let me know how can I do this..

    Regards,
    Suresh

  2. Re: Query regarding ssh implementation

    suresh> Hi, I have searched enough in web before asking this here. If
    suresh> this is not the right place to ask please ignore this.

    suresh> I came to know that there are currently 3 ssh implementations
    suresh> viz. ssh1, ssh2 and openssh.

    suresh> On a system where ssh is installed how to find what kind of
    suresh> ssh implementation that was running on it using a shell
    suresh> script..

    darwin:~% telnet localhost 22
    Trying ::1...
    Connected to localhost.
    Escape character is '^]'.
    SSH-1.99-OpenSSH_4.5

    suresh> The reason why I require this ssh configuration files like
    suresh> authorized_keys will be at different locations (~/.ssh,
    suresh> ~/.ssh2) with different file name like authorized_keys or
    suresh> authorized_keys2 with different format (ssh2 implementation
    suresh> stores file names of the public keys in authorized keys file).

    suresh> Please let me know how can I do this..

    suresh> Regards, Suresh

    --
    Richard Silverman
    res@qoxp.net