Key type conversion help... - SSH

This is a discussion on Key type conversion help... - SSH ; How can I convert a "key" from PEM or DER to OpenSSH format and... How do I convert the OpenSSH format back to PEM or DER. Thanks in advance for any assistance... Ben...

  1. Key type conversion help...

    How can I convert a "key" from PEM or DER to OpenSSH format
    and...

    How do I convert the OpenSSH format back to PEM or DER.

    Thanks in advance for any assistance...

    Ben

  2. Re: Key type conversion help...

    Ok... How about converting a key created in OpenSSH for use
    in Putty??

    Or... How to generally change the format of a key using OpenSSH.

    -=-=-=-=- I did find "some" assistance from:
    http://www.transcoding.org/cgi-bin/wiki?Subversion

    Section called: Converting Digital Certificate Formats Using
    OpenSSL?

    Ben wrote:
    > How can I convert a "key" from PEM or DER to OpenSSH format and...
    >
    > How do I convert the OpenSSH format back to PEM or DER.
    >
    > Thanks in advance for any assistance...
    >
    > Ben

  3. Re: Key type conversion help...

    Ben wrote:
    > Ok... How about converting a key created in OpenSSH for use
    > in Putty??

    That one shouldn't be too hard: PuTTYgen can import and export
    OpenSSH private keys.
    --
    Simon Tatham "I'm going to pull his head off. Ear by ear."
    - a games teacher

+ Reply to Thread