SSH-1's terminals - SSH

This is a discussion on SSH-1's terminals - SSH ; >From the SSH-1 specs: 10 SSH_CMSG_REQUEST_PTY string TERM environment variable value (e.g. vt100) 32-bit int terminal height, rows (e.g., 24) 32-bit int terminal width, columns (e.g., 80) 32-bit int terminal width, pixels (0 if no graphics) (e.g., 480) 32-bit int ...

  1. SSH-1's terminals

    >From the SSH-1 specs:

    10 SSH_CMSG_REQUEST_PTY

    string TERM environment variable value (e.g. vt100)
    32-bit int terminal height, rows (e.g., 24)
    32-bit int terminal width, columns (e.g., 80)
    32-bit int terminal width, pixels (0 if no graphics) (e.g.,
    480)
    32-bit int terminal height, pixels (0 if no graphics) (e.g.,
    640)
    n bytes tty modes encoded in binary

    Why vt100 and why 24x80? Both seem to be fairly standard, but is
    there a specific reason as to why that is?

    Also, what other TERM environment variable values other then vt100
    would an SSH server support? Presumably, it depends on something,
    however, I'm not really sure what that something it would depend on
    is...

  2. Re: SSH-1's terminals

    On Mon, 28 May 2007 15:37:09 -0700, yawnmoth wrote:

    >>From the SSH-1 specs:

    > 10 SSH_CMSG_REQUEST_PTY
    >
    > string TERM environment variable value (e.g. vt100) 32-bit
    > int terminal height, rows (e.g., 24) 32-bit int terminal
    > width, columns (e.g., 80) 32-bit int terminal width, pixels (0
    > if no graphics) (e.g.,
    > 480)
    > 32-bit int terminal height, pixels (0 if no graphics) (e.g.,
    > 640)
    > n bytes tty modes encoded in binary
    >
    > Why vt100 and why 24x80? Both seem to be fairly standard, but is there
    > a specific reason as to why that is?
    >
    > Also, what other TERM environment variable values other then vt100 would
    > an SSH server support? Presumably, it depends on something, however,
    > I'm not really sure what that something it would depend on is...

    Those are just examples of values that can be encoded in this
    particular SSH1 packet.

+ Reply to Thread