How to connect to a remote computer via ssh without typing password - SSH

This is a discussion on How to connect to a remote computer via ssh without typing password - SSH ; Hello, I am a newbie on linux and I would like to do the following thing : Computer A Computer B I run a script on the computer A to make backup of data on computer B. I would like ...

  1. How to connect to a remote computer via ssh without typing password

    Hello,

    I am a newbie on linux and I would like to do the following thing :

    Computer A
    Computer B

    I run a script on the computer A to make backup of data on computer B.
    I would like to create private key and public key with ssh in order to not
    type the password and put the task in a cron.

    But I do not understand how to do it as well as the risk of doing it .
    Because suppose someone not friendly
    manage to take control of A , then he will have a full access on computer B.

    Thank you for your comprehension and help.

    Best Regards

  2. Re: How to connect to a remote computer via ssh without typing password

    See e.g. http://www.snailbook.com/faq/publick...auth.auto.html

    >Because suppose someone not friendly
    >manage to take control of A , then he will have a full access on computer B.

    No, it doesn't have to be *full*, you can restrict him to only be able
    to make backups for you.:-) See e.g.
    http://www.snailbook.com/faq/no-passphrase.auto.html (linked from the
    above page).

    --Per Hedeland