Two machines with sshd IN THE SAME BUILDING - SSH

This is a discussion on Two machines with sshd IN THE SAME BUILDING - SSH ; I CAN'T establish connection BETWEEN them. I CAN conect with them from any machine that is OUTSIDE the building. What do I wrong ? debug1: Next authentication method: password ..................... password: debug3: packet_send2: adding 64 (len 54 padlen 10 extra_pad ...

  1. Two machines with sshd IN THE SAME BUILDING

    I CAN'T establish connection BETWEEN them.
    I CAN conect with them from any machine that is OUTSIDE the building.
    What do I wrong ?

    debug1: Next authentication method: password
    ..................... password:
    debug3: packet_send2: adding 64 (len 54 padlen 10 extra_pad 64)
    debug2: we sent a password packet, wait for reply
    debug1: Authentications that can continue: publickey,password
    Permission denied, please try again.
    ..................... password:

    Thanks for your help.
    Martin.

  2. Re: Two machines with sshd IN THE SAME BUILDING

    On Apr 20, 2:18 pm, mg wrote:
    > I CAN'T establish connection BETWEEN them.
    > I CAN conect with them from any machine that is OUTSIDE the building.
    > What do I wrong ?
    >
    > debug1: Next authentication method: password
    > .................... password:
    > debug3: packet_send2: adding 64 (len 54 padlen 10 extra_pad 64)
    > debug2: we sent a password packet, wait for reply
    > debug1: Authentications that can continue: publickey,password
    > Permission denied, please try again.
    > .................... password:
    >
    > Thanks for your help.
    > Martin.

    You should try giving more information about your networking, e.g.,
    are any one of the machines in a VLAN, if so are there rules in place
    to allow connections. Are there any firewall rules prohibiting the
    connection. Have you done a network analysis (tcpdump/snoop) to see
    what is going on? Can you telnet to any of the servers' ssh ports.

  3. Re: Two machines with sshd IN THE SAME BUILDING

    mg schrieb:
    > I CAN'T establish connection BETWEEN them.
    > I CAN conect with them from any machine that is OUTSIDE the building.
    > What do I wrong ?
    >
    > debug1: Next authentication method: password
    > .................... password:
    > debug3: packet_send2: adding 64 (len 54 padlen 10 extra_pad 64)
    > debug2: we sent a password packet, wait for reply
    > debug1: Authentications that can continue: publickey,password
    > Permission denied, please try again.
    >
    > Thanks for your help.
    > Martin.

    I guess:
    - password aging or simply wrong password
    - or wrong permissions with keys
    - wrong user

    W.

+ Reply to Thread