How to save setting profiles in Putty to an EXTERNAL file (and reload them on another computer) ? - SSH

This is a discussion on How to save setting profiles in Putty to an EXTERNAL file (and reload them on another computer) ? - SSH ; A time ago I set up some profiles in Putty. After installing a new computer I had to notice that Putty does not store the profil settings in a local e.g. *.ini file in its installation directory but presumably in ...

  1. How to save setting profiles in Putty to an EXTERNAL file (and reload them on another computer) ?

    A time ago I set up some profiles in Putty.

    After installing a new computer I had to notice that Putty does not store the profil settings
    in a local e.g. *.ini file in its installation directory but presumably in the Registry.

    Is there a way to save all profile settings into a local file, then move this file
    to a new computer and load the profiles in this new file into the second Putty ?

    Marcus

  2. Re: How to save setting profiles in Putty to an EXTERNAL file (and reload them on another computer) ?

    Marcus Mender wrote:
    > A time ago I set up some profiles in Putty.

    > After installing a new computer I had to notice that Putty does not
    > store the profil settings in a local e.g. *.ini file in its
    > installation directory but presumably in the Registry.

    > Is there a way to save all profile settings into a local file, then
    > move this file to a new computer and load the profiles in this new
    > file into the second Putty ?

    Not directly. See
    http://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~s...locations.html
    for the buglist/wishlist record. It does point at a hack in the manual
    (but the link in that record is to S4.21. You probably want to look at
    4.26:

    http://www.tartarus.org/~simon/putty...er4.html#S4.26

    A modification of the technique in there would allow you to copy the
    configuration to a new machine.

    --
    Darren Dunham ddunham@taos.com