Cygwin ssh and <enter> - SSH

This is a discussion on Cygwin ssh and <enter> - SSH ; I just installed cygwin on Windows XP along with WinX and ssh. Then I ssh to a linux system and can type in bash but doesn't work. So I can't do much What could be affecting this? I can't find ...

  1. Cygwin ssh and <enter>

    I just installed cygwin on Windows XP along with WinX and ssh. Then I
    ssh to a linux system and can type in bash but doesn't work. So
    I can't do much What could be affecting this? I can't find any key
    mapping config or anything like that.

    I can run vnc, putty, plink and telnet and etc from XP to linux just
    fine. But since I use ssh from linux to linux, thought I'd play with
    cygwin and ssh from XP.

    Thoughts?

  2. Re: Cygwin ssh and <enter>

    Bob wrote:
    > I just installed cygwin on Windows XP along with WinX and ssh. Then I
    > ssh to a linux system and can type in bash but doesn't work. So
    > I can't do much What could be affecting this? I can't find any key
    > mapping config or anything like that.

    > I can run vnc, putty, plink and telnet and etc from XP to linux just
    > fine. But since I use ssh from linux to linux, thought I'd play with
    > cygwin and ssh from XP.

    Are you just using the default cywin shell/dos window to do the ssh? I
    would suggest trying rxvt.exe or a full Xwindows/xterm and ssh from
    there. If you do one of them, does everything work?

    I can't stand using the default shell window because of the terminal
    interactions. I always use rxvt.

    I've never had a problem with in that situation, but it's
    something to try. I can't imagine what in openssh might be contributing
    to this or not.

    --
    Darren Dunham ddunham@taos.com

  3. Re: Cygwin ssh and <enter>

    Darren Dunham wrote:
    > Bob wrote:
    >> I just installed cygwin on Windows XP along with WinX and ssh. Then I
    >> ssh to a linux system and can type in bash but doesn't work. So
    >> I can't do much What could be affecting this? I can't find any key
    >> mapping config or anything like that.

    >> I can run vnc, putty, plink and telnet and etc from XP to linux just
    >> fine. But since I use ssh from linux to linux, thought I'd play with
    >> cygwin and ssh from XP.

    > Are you just using the default cywin shell/dos window to do the ssh? I
    > would suggest trying rxvt.exe or a full Xwindows/xterm and ssh from
    > there. If you do one of them, does everything work?
    >
    > I can't stand using the default shell window because of the terminal
    > interactions. I always use rxvt.
    >
    > I've never had a problem with in that situation, but it's
    > something to try. I can't imagine what in openssh might be contributing
    > to this or not.

    I was using xterm, but I figured out it was user screwup when my other
    tools (vnc/putty/etc) started showing the same behavior. I had edited
    ..inputrc, probably through cygwin, and I guess my editor got confused
    about whether it was windows or linux and screwed up the end of line
    chars. I edited it again and saved with unix eol and it's all working now.

    Thanks

+ Reply to Thread