root ssh and public/private key pair - SSH

This is a discussion on root ssh and public/private key pair - SSH ; I need to allow ssh login as root, but I would like to allow only using public/private key pairs (and specifically disallow password authentication). How to do that? -- Mauricio raub-kudria-com (if you need to email me, use this address ...

  1. root ssh and public/private key pair

    --
    Mauricio raub-kudria-com
    (if you need to email me, use this address =)

  2. Re: root ssh and public/private key pair

    Mauricio Tavares wrote:

    > I need to allow ssh login as root, but I would like to allow only using
    > public/private key pairs (and specifically disallow password
    > authentication). How to do that?

    man sshd_config
    and especially look for PermitRootLogin, PubkeyAuthentication and
    PasswordAuthentication.

    Regards,
    --
    Cezary Morga