ssh client from daemon problems - SSH

This is a discussion on ssh client from daemon problems - SSH ; Hi all, I'm using /etc/init.d scripts on opensuse linux to start a program called cruisecontrol , which polls another system for cvs changes. cvs is configured to run over ssh. I'm using public keys to do non-interactive login. As root ...

  1. ssh client from daemon problems

    Hi all,

    I'm using /etc/init.d scripts on opensuse linux to start a program
    called cruisecontrol , which polls another system for cvs changes. cvs
    is configured to run over ssh. I'm using public keys to do
    non-interactive login. As root I can run the/etc/init.d script just
    fine, but when rebooting the program gets connection refused to the cvs
    server over ssh. I think this is because on boot the program is not
    running as root, or for some reason it cannot find its keys. I tried
    creating /etc/ssh/ssh_known_hosts with no luck. I don't have root to
    the cvs server so I'm having a hard time seeing exactly why its
    failing.

    Any ideas?
    Robert

  2. Re: ssh client from daemon problems

    robert escreveu:

    > Hi all,
    >
    > I'm using /etc/init.d scripts on opensuse linux to start a program
    > called cruisecontrol , which polls another system for cvs changes. cvs
    > is configured to run over ssh. I'm using public keys to do
    > non-interactive login. As root I can run the/etc/init.d script just
    > fine, but when rebooting the program gets connection refused to the cvs
    > server over ssh. I think this is because on boot the program is not
    > running as root, or for some reason it cannot find its keys. I tried
    > creating /etc/ssh/ssh_known_hosts with no luck. I don't have root to
    > the cvs server so I'm having a hard time seeing exactly why its
    > failing.
    >
    > Any ideas?
    > Robert

    My bad - the script has 'su' instead of 'su -' .

+ Reply to Thread