same ssh connection on both sides? - SSH

This is a discussion on same ssh connection on both sides? - SSH ; Hi, Im behind a firewall that allows certains outgoing connections but blocks incoming ones. As I can connect from work to my house through ssh, Im thinking on the way of keep that connection alive and when I get home, ...

  1. same ssh connection on both sides?

    Hi,

    Im behind a firewall that allows certains outgoing connections but
    blocks incoming ones. As I can connect from work to my house through
    ssh, Im thinking on the way of keep that connection alive and when I
    get home, keep in touch with it. But cant figure out how to do it. I
    was thinking on netcat or vpn, but I cant guess how to do it.
    Any clue?

    Tnx in advance!

  2. Re: same ssh connection on both sides?

    ssh -R

    tonia> Hi, Im behind a firewall that allows certains outgoing
    tonia> connections but blocks incoming ones. As I can connect from
    tonia> work to my house through ssh, Im thinking on the way of keep
    tonia> that connection alive and when I get home, keep in touch with
    tonia> it. But cant figure out how to do it. I was thinking on netcat
    tonia> or vpn, but I cant guess how to do it. Any clue?

    tonia> Tnx in advance!

    --
    Richard Silverman
    res@qoxp.net