more than one private key? - SSH

This is a discussion on more than one private key? - SSH ; Hi all I like to add a private and public key from an other system to my current account where I already have one. I know ssh-add private_key1 ssh-add private_key2 Does it matter if they were created from different names ...

  1. more than one private key?

    Hi all

    I like to add a private and public key from an other system to my
    current account where I already have one.

    I know
    ssh-add private_key1
    ssh-add private_key2

    Does it matter if they were created from different names and machines?

    cheers
    Reimar

    --
    Reimar Bauer

    Institut fuer Stratosphaerische Chemie (ICG-I)
    Forschungszentrum Juelich
    email: R.Bauer@fz-juelich.de
    a IDL library at ForschungsZentrum Juelich
    http://www.fz-juelich.de/icg/icg-i/i...lib_intro.html

  2. Re: more than one private key?

    RB> Hi all I like to add a private and public key from an other system
    RB> to my current account where I already have one.

    RB> I know ssh-add private_key1 ssh-add private_key2

    RB> Does it matter if they were created from different names and
    RB> machines?

    No.

    --
    Richard Silverman