ibm850 as character set - HELP - SSH

This is a discussion on ibm850 as character set - HELP - SSH ; We currently use the pound sign () within a description field in our Unix app, unfortunately Putty translates this as () when we use ISO-8859-1:1998 (Latin-1, West Europe) character set and I can't find an alternative that works. I would ...

  1. ibm850 as character set - HELP

    We currently use the pound sign () within a description field in our
    Unix app, unfortunately Putty translates this as () when we use
    ISO-8859-1:1998 (Latin-1, West Europe) character set and I can't find
    an alternative that works.

    I would like to use IBM-850 in the character set translation but it's
    not available.

    Any thoughts would be welcomed.

    Regards,

    Andy Tucker

  2. Re: ibm850 as character set - HELP

    admiral writes:
    >We currently use the pound sign () within a description field in our
    >Unix app, unfortunately Putty translates this as () when we use
    >ISO-8859-1:1998 (Latin-1, West Europe) character set and I can't find
    >an alternative that works.
    >
    >I would like to use IBM-850 in the character set translation but it's
    >not available.

    Have you tried entering "CP850" in the combo box?

+ Reply to Thread