ftp ssh port forwarding - SSH

This is a discussion on ftp ssh port forwarding - SSH ; I tried everything I can, but it does not work?? I searched the web, and tried different clients but it just does not work, the connection is established, and then I loose the connection...what I am trying to do is ...

  1. ftp ssh port forwarding

    I tried everything I can, but it does not work?? I searched the web, and tried different clients but it just does not work, the connection is
    established, and then I loose the connection...what I am trying to do is the following

    (FTP Client) ----encryption----> (SSH Server) -----unencrypted----> (FTP Server)

    The FTP Client, SSH Server, and the FTP Server are not part of the same network....So please if you did something similar show me how to do
    it??

    Posted with NewsLeecher v3.8 Beta 6
    ------------------- ----- ---- -- -

  2. Re: ftp ssh port forwarding

    SSH> I tried everything I can, but it does not work?? I searched the
    SSH> web, and tried different clients but it just does not work, the
    SSH> connection is established, and then I loose the connection...what
    SSH> I am trying to do is the following

    SSH> (FTP Client) ----encryption----> (SSH Server)
    SSH> -----unencrypted----> (FTP Server)

    SSH> The FTP Client, SSH Server, and the FTP Server are not part of
    SSH> the same network....So please if you did something similar show
    SSH> me how to do it??

    Tunnelling FTP over SSH using static port forwarding is not usually
    feasible, since FTP uses multiple TCP connections and embeds IP addresses
    inside the protocol.

    --
    Richard Silverman
    res@qoxp.net

  3. Re: ftp ssh port forwarding

    Hi,

    What do you suggest the best approach??

    Posted with NewsLeecher v3.8 Beta 6
    ------------------- ----- ---- -- -

  4. Re: ftp ssh port forwarding

    SSH@no-luck.net writes:

    > Hi,
    >
    > What do you suggest the best approach??

    sftp or scp.

    --
    Todd H.
    http://www.toddh.net/

  5. Re: ftp ssh port forwarding

    The remote FTP server is a regular FTP server, and the there is no SSH server installed...The SSH server that I am using to tunnel the
    traffic is on a different site and I installed myself to port forward the FTP traffic since FTP connections are blocked by our stupid
    government

    I used the SSH server successfully as http/socks proxy, so what is left is the tunneling of the FTP traffic….There should be a way to do that
    even if it requires playing with the SSH server settings…

    Posted with NewsLeecher v3.8 Beta 6

+ Reply to Thread