sftp client recommendations? - SSH

This is a discussion on sftp client recommendations? - SSH ; I'm looking for a fast sftp client to replace winscp3. I've found winscp3 to be very slow - about 1/2 the throughput of the the cygwin version of sftp, but I want a gui client. Any recommendations? The two main ...

  1. sftp client recommendations?

    I'm looking for a fast sftp client to replace winscp3. I've found
    winscp3 to be very slow - about 1/2 the throughput of the the cygwin
    version of sftp, but I want a gui client. Any recommendations? The two
    main features I want are speed and compatibility with either pageant or
    ssh-agent. Thanks.

  2. Re: sftp client recommendations?

    "Chuck" wrote in message
    > I'm looking for a fast sftp client to replace winscp3. I've found
    > winscp3 to be very slow - about 1/2 the throughput of the the cygwin
    > version of sftp, but I want a gui client. Any recommendations? The two
    > main features I want are speed and compatibility with either pageant or
    > ssh-agent. Thanks.

    Have you looked at Filezilla?
    http://filezilla.sourceforge.net/

  3. Re: sftp client recommendations?

    Mike Lowery wrote:
    > "Chuck" wrote in message
    >> I'm looking for a fast sftp client to replace winscp3. I've found
    >> winscp3 to be very slow - about 1/2 the throughput of the the cygwin
    >> version of sftp, but I want a gui client. Any recommendations? The two
    >> main features I want are speed and compatibility with either pageant or
    >> ssh-agent. Thanks.

    > Have you looked at Filezilla?
    > http://filezilla.sourceforge.net/

    A while back I did. My recollection is that it didn't work with any key
    caching agents (pageant, ssh-agent, etc). Has that changed?

+ Reply to Thread