Sharing a windows XP printer over ssh - SSH

This is a discussion on Sharing a windows XP printer over ssh - SSH ; Can this be done? If so how? Here's my setup. The client and server are both Windows XP. The server where the printer is attached (physically to the parallel port) is running an OpenSSH server. The client is a laptop ...

  1. Sharing a windows XP printer over ssh

    Can this be done? If so how?

    Here's my setup. The client and server are both Windows XP. The server
    where the printer is attached (physically to the parallel port) is
    running an OpenSSH server. The client is a laptop at work. The printer
    is already shared and the laptop can print to it while on the WLAN at
    home (drivers are already installed, printer shared, etc.) I want to
    be able to print to it from remote locations. What do I need to do?

    TIA

  2. Re: Sharing a windows XP printer over ssh

    Chuck wrote:
    > Can this be done? If so how?
    >
    > Here's my setup. The client and server are both Windows XP. The server
    > where the printer is attached (physically to the parallel port) is
    > running an OpenSSH server. The client is a laptop at work. The printer
    > is already shared and the laptop can print to it while on the WLAN at
    > home (drivers are already installed, printer shared, etc.) I want to
    > be able to print to it from remote locations. What do I need to do?
    >
    > TIA

  3. Re: Sharing a windows XP printer over ssh

    "Chuck" wrote in message
    newsAyhh.4244$od6.117@trnddc04...
    > Can this be done? If so how?
    >
    > Here's my setup. The client and server are both Windows XP. The server
    > where the printer is attached (physically to the parallel port) is
    > running an OpenSSH server. The client is a laptop at work. The printer
    > is already shared and the laptop can print to it while on the WLAN at
    > home (drivers are already installed, printer shared, etc.) I want to
    > be able to print to it from remote locations. What do I need to do?

    You could try something along these lines:
    http://www.blisstonia.com/eolson/notes/smboverssh.php

+ Reply to Thread