SFTP with Filezilla - SSH

This is a discussion on SFTP with Filezilla - SSH ; I recently installed OpenSSH on my machine and can SFTP into it via PuTTY's psftp.exe, but cannot connect via SFTP with Filezilla. In Filezilla, I have created an entry in 'Site Manager' with the 'Servertype' set to SFTP using SSH2. ...

  1. SFTP with Filezilla

    I recently installed OpenSSH on my machine and can SFTP into it via
    PuTTY's psftp.exe, but cannot connect via SFTP with Filezilla.

    In Filezilla, I have created an entry in 'Site Manager' with the
    'Servertype' set to SFTP using SSH2. Whenever I press the 'Connect'
    button, all I get is:

    Error: Unable to connect!

    Is there some setting that I'm missing?

    Thanks in advance,
    Adam

  2. Re: SFTP with Filezilla

    adam.cazzolla@gmail.com wrote:
    > I recently installed OpenSSH on my machine and can SFTP into it via
    > PuTTY's psftp.exe, but cannot connect via SFTP with Filezilla.

    Make sure in filezilla, when using the site manager, set the account type to
    normal, and enter the user name you want, along with the password (you can also
    have filezilla not remember the password and ask for it every time for security
    reasons.)
    > Thanks in advance,
    > Adam

+ Reply to Thread