sqlplus "command not found" connecting with ssh - SSH

This is a discussion on sqlplus "command not found" connecting with ssh - SSH ; Hi you all, I'm trying to execute an script which uses sqlplus from a remote ssh client. The script runs ok executing it from the server. I'm executing the following line: ssh user@host script.sh The script only connects sqlplus (sqlplus ...

  1. sqlplus "command not found" connecting with ssh

    Hi you all,

    I'm trying to execute an script which uses sqlplus from a remote ssh
    client.
    The script runs ok executing it from the server.

    I'm executing the following line: ssh user@host script.sh
    The script only connects sqlplus (sqlplus user@pass/DB_SID)
    And I get the followin message:
    bash: sqlplus: command not found

    Any ideas?

    Thanks a lot

  2. Re: sqlplus "command not found" connecting with ssh

    On 11 Dec 2006 04:41:38 -0800
    "_mamarin_" wrote:

    > Hi you all,
    >
    > I'm trying to execute an script which uses sqlplus from a remote ssh
    > client.
    > The script runs ok executing it from the server.
    >
    > I'm executing the following line: ssh user@host script.sh
    > The script only connects sqlplus (sqlplus user@pass/DB_SID)
    > And I get the followin message:
    > bash: sqlplus: command not found
    >

    > Any ideas?
    >
    > Thanks a lot

    You probably need to either specify the entire path to SQLPlus, similar to /opt/oracle/920/bin/sqlplus, or set your environment PATH prior to running SQLPlus to include the directory where SQLPlus exists.

    Doug

    --
    For UNIX, Linux and security articles
    visit http://SecurityBulletins.com/

  3. Re: sqlplus "command not found" connecting with ssh

    Thanks to you all...

    "sourcing" the bash_profile into my script was the besto option at
    least!!

    #!/bin/bash
    .. ~/.bash_profile

    Doug Spencer ha escrito:

    > On 11 Dec 2006 04:41:38 -0800
    > "_mamarin_" wrote:
    >
    > > Hi you all,
    > >
    > > I'm trying to execute an script which uses sqlplus from a remote ssh
    > > client.
    > > The script runs ok executing it from the server.
    > >
    > > I'm executing the following line: ssh user@host script.sh
    > > The script only connects sqlplus (sqlplus user@pass/DB_SID)
    > > And I get the followin message:
    > > bash: sqlplus: command not found
    > >

    > > Any ideas?
    > >
    > > Thanks a lot
    > >

    > You probably need to either specify the entire path to SQLPlus, similar to /opt/oracle/920/bin/sqlplus, or set your environment PATH prior to running SQLPlus to include the directory where SQLPlus exists.
    >
    > Doug
    >
    > --
    > For UNIX, Linux and security articles
    > visit http://SecurityBulletins.com/

  4. Re: sqlplus "command not found" connecting with ssh

    _mamarin_ wrote:
    > Thanks to you all...
    >
    > "sourcing" the bash_profile into my script was the besto option at
    > least!!

    That's what you needed to do. Remember that when you remotely execute a
    script, it's just like executing it from cron - you get a bare minimum
    shell environment. If any command in your script depends on environment
    variables like PATH or LD_LIBRARY_PATH, it's a good practice to
    explicitly set them in your script. Sqlplus us one such command. Oracle
    provides a script named oraenv for doing that. You source it in your script.

    export ORACLE_SID=YOURSID
    export ORAENV_ASK=NO
    .. oraenv # (or ./usr/local/bin/oraenv)
    [ rest of script ]