Need Help with PuTTY - Printing to Local Printers - SSH

This is a discussion on Need Help with PuTTY - Printing to Local Printers - SSH ; We have a Unix-based database that uses AIX. Workstations in other facilities that are *not* on our internal network run Windows and need access to our database. We have installed the PuTTY client on the workstations in the external facilities, ...

  1. Need Help with PuTTY - Printing to Local Printers

    We have a Unix-based database that uses AIX. Workstations in other
    facilities that are *not* on our internal network run Windows and need
    access to our database. We have installed the PuTTY client on the
    workstations in the external facilities, and they now have no problem
    accessing our database using the SSH connection. HOWEVER, they
    cannot print reports from our database to the local printers in their
    facilities.

    Can someone advise me on how to make this work?

    Thanks for any help you can give me.

    Jessi

  2. Re: Need Help with PuTTY - Printing to Local Printers

    Jessi writes:
    >We have a Unix-based database that uses AIX. Workstations in other
    >facilities that are *not* on our internal network run Windows and need
    >access to our database. We have installed the PuTTY client on the
    >workstations in the external facilities, and they now have no problem
    >accessing our database using the SSH connection. HOWEVER, they
    >cannot print reports from our database to the local printers in their
    >facilities.

    The PuTTY terminal emulator supports passthrough printing.

    If your database supports that as a printing method, you may be able to
    use it. Note that this is a raw facility; your database will need to
    know in detail how to drive the printer attached to the PC.

+ Reply to Thread