I'm unicasting using Windows Media Encoder on XP Pro 64-bit from 1
source to 1 host and want to protect the stream either by encryption,
authentication or other means

Ideally I'd like to have some sort of authentication login process but
cant get that unless I spend megabucks on Windows Server 2003
Enterprise Edition

Could someone please confirm if putty will encrypt the stream and / or
obtain authentication (albeit without logging on) before starting
streaming

I've been on the putty web site but there does not appear to be any
instructions / setup / tutorial, etc and I'm a bit confused about what
it can do

Thanks, Stephen