Pageant - SSH

This is a discussion on Pageant - SSH ; This is less of an ssh question and more of a pageant or even windows XP question but I figure someone here may know how to do what I want. I have about 100 saved sessions in putty. I use ...

  1. Pageant

    This is less of an ssh question and more of a pageant or even windows XP
    question but I figure someone here may know how to do what I want.

    I have about 100 saved sessions in putty. I use pageant for
    authentication and have it running in the system tray. When you right
    click on the pageant icon and select the "Saved Sessions" submenu, it
    can take a long time to scroll through 100 items. Is there a way to
    either speed up the scrolling, or better yet to make it use a
    non-scrolling multi column menu instead of the single column scrolling one?

    TIA

  2. Re: Pageant

    On 01 Dec 2006 15:32:23, Chuck wrote:

    > This is less of an ssh question and more of a pageant or even windows XP
    > question but I figure someone here may know how to do what I want.
    > I have about 100 saved sessions in putty.
    > [snip]
    > Is there a way to either speed up the scrolling, ...

    I have a folder with shortcuts to my saved sessions. The target for
    the shortcut is C:\\putty.exe -load
    Replace with the path to putty and with the name of
    the saved session. I use the same name for the shortcut as the session.

  3. Re: Pageant

    On Sat, 02 Dec 2006 07:52:13 +0100, George Orwell wrote:

    > On 01 Dec 2006 15:32:23, Chuck wrote:
    >
    >> This is less of an ssh question and more of a pageant or even windows XP
    >> question but I figure someone here may know how to do what I want. I
    >> have about 100 saved sessions in putty. [snip]
    >> Is there a way to either speed up the scrolling, ...

    > I have a folder with shortcuts to my saved sessions. The target for the
    > shortcut is C:\\putty.exe -load Replace
    > with the path to putty and with the name of the saved session. I
    > use the same name for the shortcut as the session.

    Sorry for this piece of blatant self advertising, but you might find it
    useful...
    The program provides a popup menu of putty sessions from a tray icon. It
    also loads any specified ppk files into pageant. It lets you create a
    tree structure of session categories. I'm up to 168 putty sessions and I
    use this every working day.

    http://www.ntsend.freeserve.co.uk/puttymenu.html

    JohnK

  4. Re: Pageant

    On 01 Dec 2006 15:32:23, Chuck wrote:

    > This is less of an ssh question and more of a pageant or even windows XP
    > question but I figure someone here may know how to do what I want.
    > I have about 100 saved sessions in putty.
    > [snip]
    > Is there a way to either speed up the scrolling, ...

    I have a folder with shortcuts to my saved sessions. The target for
    the shortcut is C:\\putty.exe -load
    Replace with the path to putty and with the name of
    the saved session. I use the same name for the shortcut as the session.

    The original sender is unknown. Any address shown in the From header
    is unverified. You need a valid hashcash token to post to groups other
    than alt.test and alt.anonymous.messages. Visit www.panta-rhei.eu.org
    for abuse and hashcash info.

+ Reply to Thread